Initial Blendering

We are almost up to date! Over the past month I have started to work through some Blender tutorials just like I did with Gimp previously. There are a HUGE number of tutorials out there! I started out going through the Blender online manual and went on from there. I won't bore you with all of the things I've been doing the last few weeks, but just a couple of highlights that I think have been most helpful to me.

The manual taught me most of the basics of the Blender interface, which now is surprisingly intuitive. I've never used a 3D program before, but feel very comfortable with Blender now. The online manual also went through the basics of modeling. One of the most important tools was modeling with a reference image. This model was based on a little figurine that I have in my apartment of a "Happy Buddha."

After going through some of the basics of modelling, I ran across the video tutorials at www.spaghettimoon.co.uk/downloadpot.htm. Jonathan does an excellent job with these tutorials and I went through his series to model who he refers to as Bob the Zombie.

He is a pretty rough human shape, but the series of tutorials are an excellent introduction to a lot of modelling techniques.


Not the least of which is making eyes!


These were modelled after my beautiful girlfriend's eyes:


0 comments: