Blender for Architecture

Captain Blender has sort of taken a hiatus as I've gotten into modelling this house more. I finished up doing most of the actual modelling this weekend. All of the walls are done, along with the floor and the roof.
The next step is adding some doors and windows, then adding some materials.I picked up Allan Brito's book "Blender 3D Architecture, Buildings, and Scenery" last week. That book, along with his blog offers some good tips. The book itself is pretty easy to follow, however it is a little bit basic in the modelling stage. For instance, the roof is completely overlooked. I skimmed through the last half of the book and the materials and lighting seems to be more detailed however. If you are interested in it I would recommend buying just the ebook to start out.

0 comments: