Cap. Blender Update and Architecture

It's been a few days since I've posted, but I haven't been idle from Blender in that time! I am happy to say that Captain Blender's bones are now fully attached to his skin and I'm working on finishing up the rigging process tonight with some shape keys. I may have a quick test animation tomorrow up for you!

In other projects, I have started another house model. This is actually a house and not just my apartment, so should be much more interesting! It is based on my girlfriend's parents place, with the long term goal of being able to see what a planned addition will look like. There are the original blueprints scanned in (sorry for bad quality):
I have finished outlining the walls of the original blueprint and will be traveling there this weekend, so will be able to do some measuring of some things that aren't in the blueprint. Here is what the outline looks like so far, nothing too exciting!

The blueprints are in feet and inches, so I've had to tell Blender to break up it's units into twelves to account for this. I've also adjusted everything to the nearest inch to accomodate this, which shouldn't be a huge problem when doing a whole house.

That's about it for now, but hopefully something exciting for tomorrow!

0 comments: