New Layout

I finally got around to designing a custom layout for this page. It's not perfect yet as I have to change the old "Tic-Tac" icons in the elements on the right and make the bars that separate the elements fit a little bit better, but I think it gives a more custom appearance to the page as a whole.

I used Gimp for all of the designs and fiddled around with the "Edit HTML" option that Blogger has. The only real problem that I ran into was trying to get rid of the title that Blogger automatically puts in. I know that Blogger can display an image rather than the title, but for some reason I couldn't get that to work right and line up with the rest of the elements on the page. Therefore I was forced to use the "visibility: hidden;" tag in the header section of the style sheet. This isn't ideal but it works. There is also a very slight ring around the header image, which you may not have even noticed if I didn't mention it.

I may decide that I don't like this layout too much, but it will work for now. I based the header image on the mac style wallpapers, which I think came our fairly well. The font was taken off of DaFont, which is a fabulous free font site. The font title is Today, which I also use for my watermark font.

Let me know what you think...

0 comments: